Our Rhythms Life Enrichment Philosophy
Our philosophy of “Being Well Known” guides community life. We recognize that each person has a unique life story, personal experiences, and gifts to share. We commit to a culture where each person’s passions and growth are fully engaged with purpose, honoring them wherever they are in the rhythm of their life.
Our Life Enrichment model is built on five pillars of well-being: social connection, intellectual engagement, purposeful living, physical health and spiritual growth.
Our resident-directed programs promote autonomy and choice. Activities, classes, events, and excursions are developed with residents and are often led by residents.
Built on Five Pillars of Wellness
Social | Intellectual | Physical | Purposeful | Spiritual
Social – Building community through shared values and experiences, fostering authentic relationships that bring us together.
Intellectual - Supporting brain health with lifelong learning and meaningful ways to keep an active mind.
Physical - Encouraging healthy choices and habits, independence and inclusive fitness classes that sustain and improve function.
Purposeful - Participating and making decisions in the things that matter most to each of us. Being of service, feeling valued, and sharing our gifts with others.
Spiritual - Nurturing the soul, spirit and emotional well-being by connecting to our purpose, values and beliefs.
Rhythms Engagement Tenets
All life enrichment programming, in one way or another, is grounded in these tenets, with the goal of supporting each resident’s success and well-being.
- We strive to meet each person where they are in their journey, supporting their daily rhythm and healthy living however they define it.
- We believe each person, no matter where they are in their aging journey, can continue to grow, contribute and pursue their passions.
- We approach life enrichment from a partnership perspective; not “doing” for residents but rather partnering with them. Residents are empowered to build and lead community-based initiatives and activities with us. We listen to and invite residents to share their gifts with the community, and we incorporate their skills and experiences into our community engagement offerings.
- We value the power of community and inclusivity. While we offer engagement opportunities for diverse levels of abilities and interests, inclusivity guides our planning and all offerings are available to everyone who lives and works in the community.
- We know that the success of our life enrichment model relies on the participation of our team members. Therefore, we want to empower all team members to share their passions in both formal and informal engagement programming.
- We know that nurturing deep personal relationships with the people around us is at the core of feeling we belong. Our innovative approach includes the use of technology to enhance connections, communication and engagement.
- We dedicate our work to further our organizational vision: Creating communities where aging is honored and celebrated.